Oldest Preserved Fijian Village
In the highlands of main island land of Viti Levu lies the Navala Fijian village deep in the mountainous landscape. This village is said to be a 200 years old and one the few villages in Fiji that still preserves the traditional Bures(Thatched houses). Drive through beautiful sceneries and mountain top with spectacular views of the Ba town and the Yasawa group of islands. Socialize with the locals and take part in authentic activities in the village, visit the village school and mingle with the children.
8:30am – pick up from your hotel or prearranged destination. All pick-ups and drop offs are complimentary from us.
10:40am – arrive at the Navala Village
10:50 – 1:30am - activities
- Partake in the traditonal welcoming ceremony
- Tour around the village and learn more from the guide as you walk along.
- You will see traditional Fijian homes, ancient style cooking using forest woods and stones, community gathering house and old village protocols still in place.
- Visit the village school and mingle with the children.
- Cool off in the fresh river water of Navala if you would like to.
- Back to the Bure for a delicious lunch prepared by the village women.
- Local entertainment and dancing with the locals.
- Depart to next place of visit
4:40 – 5:00pm – Travel and arrive back at hotel or prearranged destination.
Need to know Information for this tour
- Please bring your camera, hat, face towel and your Bula Smile.
- This tour is not recommended for less abled individuals.
Tour Fee Includes
- Entry fees to Navala Village
- Traditional lite lunch
- Transport by air conditioned mini bus or a coach line from all hotels listed under “Boarding Point” in the booking section, cruise ship arrival port at Denarau and Lautoka, Nadi International airport, or other pre-arranged location, to the tour sites and back to your pick up location.
- 1 x complimentary bottled water when on boarding at the pickup point
- English speaking guided tour
Tour Fee Does not Include
- Entry fees to the Navala Village is INCLUDED
Hotels, Motels and Selected Points
For an updated and comprehensive list of all pick up and drop off points please click into the "Select Boarding Point" in the booking section above. It includes following points and more.
- Aquarius Beach Resort
- Bamboo Hotel
- Best Grand West Hotel
- Capricon Hotel
- Club Fiji
- Double Tree Resort
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Grand Melanesian Hotel
- Hexagon Hotel
- Intercontinental Resort
- Mercure Hotel
- Nadi Downtown Hotel
- Nadi PVV Hotel
- Novotel Nadi
- Oasis Hotel
- Oasis Palms Resort
- Radisson Blu Resort
- Raffles Gateway
- Rat Sun Apartment Hotel
- Sheraton Resort
- Smugglers Cove
- Sofitel Resort
- Tanoa Apartments
- Tanoa International Hotel
- Tanoa Skylodge Hotel
- The Fiji Marriott Resort
- The Hilton Beach Resort
- Tokatoka Hotel
- Trans International Hotel
- Tropic Hotel
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort
- Westin Resort
- Wyndham Resort
- Yatule Resort
- ......And many more locations
- Fiji climate is generally warm and humid throughout the year. We recommend you to bring following along with you.
- Comfortable sunshade or a hat
- Sunscreen or sun lotion, personal care
- Sunglasses if your prefer
- Even though we take uttermost care and safety of our clients, it is advisable that you keep your personal belongings closely to yourself at all times during the tour.
- Wear comfortable clothing and footwear.
- You may like to consider wearing closed and comfortable footwear at all times for your own safety.
- It is vital and customary for ladies to wear a sarong or skirt that is below the knee level when entering to any Fijian village.