Highland Caves by River
The visit to the Nahehe cave is a full day adventure that begins at the hotel or a pre-arranged destination. From Sigatoka town is a 35 minute drive to the Sigatoka valley where you will be greeted by the villagers of Sautabu village. Be part of the tradtional kava ceremony which is performed to seek permission from the villagers to enter the cave. If you are into adventures and loves nature, then this is the best place for you. Come along and join us for a wild fun day.
8:30am– pick up from your hotel or prearranged destination. All pick-ups and drop offs are complimentary from us.
10:40am – arrive at the Sautabu Village
10:50 – 1:30pm- activities
- Begin with a traditional kava ceremony in the village. Kava tasting if you have never tasted kava.
- Once the villagers has accepted the kava protocols then a short walk to the Sigatoka river.
- Ferry to the other side of the river on a bamboo raft and a 15 minutes walk through native bush and farms brings you to the cave.
- Enter into the cave and discover the different chambers that plays a different roles in the olden days. Learn more from the tourguide as he tells the fascinating history of this area.
- Take note of the names of the chambers such as the pregnancy gap, the oven cooking chamber and many more interesting chambers
- Return to the village for delicious Fijian food
- Local entertainment and dance with the locals.
- A farewell song of Isa Lei will be sung by the villager
4:40 – 5:00pm – Return to the hotel or pre-arranged destination
Need to know Information for this tour
- Please bring your camera, hat, face towel and your Bula Smile.
- This tour is not recommended for less abled individuals.
Tour Fee Includes
- Transport by air conditioned mini bus or a coach line from all hotels listed under “Boarding Point” in the booking section, cruise ship arrival port at Denarau and Lautoka, Nadi International airport, or other pre-arranged location, to the tour sites and back to your pick up location.
- 1 x complimentary bottled water when on boarding at the pickup point
- English speaking guided tour
Tour Fee Does not Include
- Entry fees to the Sautabu Village:
- AUD20.00 per adult and
- AUD 15.00 for a child
Please note that we do not set or control entry fees, it may vary slightly up or down depending up the season.
- Food and Beverages:
- You may like to purchase snacks, lunch, other food and beverages at the tour check in desks.
Hotels, Motels and Selected Points
For an updated and comprehensive list of all pick up and drop off points please click into the "Select Boarding Point" in the booking section above. It includes following points and more.
- Aquarius Beach Resort
- Bamboo Hotel
- Best Grand West Hotel
- Capricon Hotel
- Club Fiji
- Double Tree Resort
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Grand Melanesian Hotel
- Hexagon Hotel
- Intercontinental Resort
- Mercure Hotel
- Nadi Downtown Hotel
- Nadi PVV Hotel
- Novotel Nadi
- Oasis Hotel
- Oasis Palms Resort
- Radisson Blu Resort
- Raffles Gateway
- Rat Sun Apartment Hotel
- Sheraton Resort
- Smugglers Cove
- Sofitel Resort
- Tanoa Apartments
- Tanoa International Hotel
- Tanoa Skylodge Hotel
- The Fiji Marriott Resort
- The Hilton Beach Resort
- Tokatoka Hotel
- Trans International Hotel
- Tropic Hotel
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort
- Westin Resort
- Wyndham Resort
- Yatule Resor
- ......And many more locations
- Fiji climate is generally warm and humid throughout the year. We recommend you to bring following along with you.
- Comfortable sunshade or a hat
- Sunscreen or sun lotion, personal care
- Sunglasses if your prefer
- Even though we take uttermost care and safety of our clients, it is advisable that you keep your personal belongings closely to yourself at all times during the tour.
- Wear comfortable clothing and footwear.
- You may like to consider wearing closed and comfortable footwear at all times for your own safety.
- It is vital and customary for ladies to wear a sarong or skirt that is below the knee level when entering to any Fijian village.