Colonial Indian Settlement with Fijians
Fiji is well known for it's diverse culture and multiracial background where settlements and small communities are considered to be a big family despite the differences. To experiance this unique reality, visit the Bavu Indian Fijian settlement where you will see and learn how the locals interact with each other, discover the interesting history behind the early Indo-Fijians journey to Fiji in the 1800's and explore the Fijian authentic lifestyles among the locals. Be inspired by the myths and tales shared by the Fijians and feel at home by the Fijian welcoming spirit and the friendly surroundings.
This window is of no use
9:00 - 9:30am
- pick up from your hotel or prearranged destination.
- All pick-ups and drop offs are complimentary from us.
10:00am – arrive at the Indian Temple
10:00 – 10:30am - activities
- Visit the Indian Temple at Nawai and discover the tradtion and culture of the Indo- Fijians.
- Discover journey of Fiji Indos from India in 18th century
- Socialize and take part in some of the authentic Fiji Indian activities.
- Village drive through.
- Depart to next place of visit.
11:30 – 11:45 – arrive at the Tau Village
11:45 – 12pm – activities
- If you have not been to a traditional Fijian village whilst in Fiji then you have not been to Fiji at all.
- Take a visit to one of a Fijian village in Fiji where locals are pretty much still in the olden days lifestyle.
- Explore the outline of a Fijian village with the different roles they play and learn the Fijian language while wandering in the village.
- Take note of how the locals carry on with their lives making use of the natural things around them.
- Outdoor cooking using firewoods will be the most common thing you will see.
- Every village has it's own myths and legends and how the early settlers chose that place as their home so make sure you have this question in your list.
- You will be amazed when flocked by many children in the village and they love to take photos or selfies what they say nowdays! This would mean the world to them as they give their bula smile.
- Photo sessions
- Take a refreshment break (tea, coffee, fruit drinks, cold drinks and sandwiches)
- Depart to next place of visit
12:30 – 12:45 – arrive at Momi Gun Site
- Back in 1941, the now silent Momi Gun site played an important role in protecting Fiji against the Japanese attacks during world war II.
- The site is overlooking the Navula passage which was one point where enermy could break in.
- The site offers beautiful and Fantastic hilltop views to the ocean and beaches, spectacular surrounding sceneries. Join us today to see the Big Guns that are still well preserved in it's original places.
- Depart to next place of visit
1:40 – 2:00pm – Return to hotel or prearranged destination.
Tour Fee Includes
- Entry Fees to all attraction sites.
- Transport by air conditioned mini bus or a coach line from all hotels listed under “Boarding Point” in the booking section, cruise ship arrival port at Denarau and Lautoka, Nadi International airport, or other pre-arranged location, to the tour sites and back to your pick up location.
- 1 x complimentary bottled water when on boarding at the pickup point
- English speaking guided tour
Tour Fee Excludes
- Entry fees are included
Need to know information about this tour
- Please bring your camera with lots of memoery space, hat, face towel and your Bula Smile.
- This tour is not recommended for less abled individuals.
Hotels, Motels and Selected Points
- Aquarius Beach Resort
- Bamboo Hotel
- Best Grand West Hotel
- Capricon Hotel
- Club Fiji
- Double Tree Resort
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Grand Melanesian Hotel
- Hexagon Hotel
- Intercontinental Resort
- Mercure Hotel
- Nadi Downtown Hotel
- Nadi PVV Hotel
- Novotel Nadi
- Oasis Hotel
- Oasis Palms Resort
- Radisson Blu Resort
- Raffles Gateway
- Rat Sun Apartment Hotel
- Sheraton Resort
- Smugglers Cove
- Sofitel Resort
- Tanoa Apartments
- Tanoa International Hotel
- Tanoa Skylodge Hotel
- The Fiji Marriott Resort
- The Hilton Beach Resort
- Tokatoka Hotel
- Trans International Hotel
- Tropic Hotel
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort
- Westin Resort
- Wyndham Resort
- Yatule Resort
- Fiji climate is generally warm and humid throughout the year. We recommend you to bring following along with you.
- Comfortable sunshade or a hat
- Sunscreen or sun lotion, personal care
- Sunglasses if your prefer
- Even though we take uttermost care and safety of our clients, it is advisable that you keep your personal belongings closely to yourself at all times during the tour.
- Wear comfortable clothing and footwear.
- You may like to consider wearing closed and comfortable footwear at all times for your own safety.
- It is vital and customary for ladies to wear a sarong or skirt that is below the knee level when entering to any Fijian village.